Finally, the anticipation is over, Apple recently unveiled its latest iPad version – the new Apple iPad. Plain and simple, the new iPad. Apple decided to do away with the numbers while everybody is gearing towards an iPad 3.
In a nutshell, the new iPad comes with the following features: 4G LGE wireless data connection and a super high-resolution “Retina” display, 2,048 by 1,536 pixels, A5X processor, with a quad-core graphics system, iSight camera (on the back) with auto face detection, auto exposure lock, and auto focus lock. It also records video at full HD resolution (1080p) and supports voice dictation.
According to the Apple website, for Wi-Fi only iPads, the price would be $499 for 16GB, $599 for 32GB, and $699 for 64GB. 4G-equipped iPad is priced at $629 for 16GB, $729 for 32GB, and $829 for 64GB.
Now let me tell you the reasons why you should get the new iPad and let me also tell you why you should not buy the new iPad:
Reasons to BUY
- If you’re the type who loves to watch a lot of movies then the new iPad’s 9.7-inch, 2048 x 1536 Retina display provides improved color saturation and 246 pixels per inch, which gives better video viewing quality.
- If you love to take pictures using a tablet and would want to edit it right away without using a notebook, then the new iPad is for you. You can now edit your photos on an iPad with the new iPad’s A5X processor, which is four times as fast as a Tegra 3 processor. It allows you to efficiently run more apps and videos with improved performance.
- If you travel a lot and would want to ulitize 4G connectivity, then go buy the new iPad. When traveling in the United States, you can enjoy 4G speed from AT&T and Verizon. When traveling outside of United States, however, the new iPad easily jumps to a 3G connection.
- If you’re a first-to-own type of user, then get the new iPad. If you have money to burn and you enjoy having the latest device to show off to your friends and relatives, then do not deprive yourself of this opportunity because the new iPad will definitely make you the life of the party.
Reasons NOT to BUY
- If you tried using tablets and still prefer to use your notebook then you can probably skip the new iPad and all the other tablets for that matter. If you find tablets harder to navigate, use, and work on, then stick with your notebook or PC.
- If you don’t consume a lot of media – you’re not into watching movies, checking out photos, videos, catalogs, and magazines on a tablet then the new iPad may not impress you enough.
- If you’re a previous owner of a tablet equipped with a camera and you don’t use it that often, then you can skip the new iPad. One of its great feature is its 5MP rear-facing iSight camera that is capable of shooting 1080p video.
- If you don’t have the budget and already own an iPad 2, then you may want to think again before buying the new iPad. 4G LTE speed would be a great addition, but if your 3G or Wi-Fi is working just fine for you, I’d say, stick with it for now.
Aside from the iPad 4G (I would like to call it that way), the other announcement made by Apple also unveiled the new Apple TV with 1080p video output, simpler interface and adds the ability to redownload movies from iCloud, offers 1080p TV episodes. Also, Apple brings iPhoto to iPad with multi-touch editing, and updates iWork & iLife.
So what’s next in line for Apple? The iPhone 5.
I am logging off. Stay cool. God Bless us all!
(Article written by Jerry Liao)