LG announced the release of the much anticipated G Pad 8.3 tablet, offering an impressive display paired with minimalist design. The all-new LG G Pad 8.3 boasts a Full HD IPS display on an 8.3” tablet, a unique user-experience and wide range of connectivity features.
The LG G Pad 8.3 builds on the recent launch of the LG G2 smartphone, reinforcing LG’s commitment to advanced mobile devices through its premium G Series products. The LG G Pad will be available from JB Hi-Fi at RRP $399.
LG’s world class partnerships in core technologies of display and battery strengthen the G Pad’s technical capabilities, making it a truly powerful device.
A device designed for consumers on the go, the LG G Pad’s slim and sleek form has been designed with a side bezel of only 7.2mm, thus maximising screen width and making it more comfortable to hold and navigate. Weighing no more than a newspaper at just 338g, the G Pad 8.3 provides a con-venient mobility solution for the 1 in 3 smartphone owners currently using tablets.*
The LG G Pad 8.3 also boasts a powerful 4600mAh lithium polymer battery for long-lasting usage time. This combined with a quad-core 1.7GHz processor and LG’s display technologies allows the LG G Pad to deliver powerful technology in a stylish and compact package while maintaining portability.
In an age of multi-screening, and a trend that is seeing more users choosing to pair smartphones and their tablets together*, the LG G Pad 8.3 is well poised to meet the convergence demands of consumers by improving connectivity between devices. QPair allows the LG G Pad to easily connect to LG’s latest and greatest G2 offering, while also offering the versatility to connect to other manufacturers’ Android smartphones.
QPair: Switch between devices without hesitation. Once QPair links the LG G Pad with your Android smartphone, you’ll stay connected, never missing a beat
– Call/ Message Notification: The LG G Pad alerts you if your smartphone** receives a call or message. You can even reply to messages via text/SMS directly from your G Pad
– Internet via Phone: Just push a button and the LG G Pad will sync with your smartphone’s wireless connectivity, or another open network
– QuickMemo Transfer**: QuickMemo allows you to write or draw on either screen and then share the memo seamlessly between the LG G Pad and your smartphone.
QRemote: Compatible with most popular brands, control your TV, DVD and Bluray players from one convenient device with the LG G Pad 8.3, which doubles as a programmable re-mote control
Full HD IPS Display: Incorporating a key attribute of other premium G Series devices, the LG G Pad 8.3 is equipped with a 1920 x 1200 display providing incredibly clear, sharp and lifelike picture quality on an 8.3″ Full HD IPS display. You can now enjoy beautiful image reproduction from wider viewing angles.
QSlide: Maximise on-screen multitasking with the simultaneous use of multiple apps on the large display, with the ability to adjust the window size and view up to two QSlide app windows simultaneously.
KnockON: A simple knocking gesture is all it takes. Just tap twice on the LG G Pad 8.3 screen to wake your tablet’s display without picking it up or pressing the power key. When you’re done, just two taps on the screen will turn the display off again.
– Processor: 1.7GHz Quad-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Processor
– Display: 8.3” WUXGA (1920 x 1200 pixels / 273 ppi)
– Memory: 16GB eMMC (Micro SD up to 64GB)
– RAM: 2GB LPDDR2
– Network: Wi-Fi Only
– Camera: Rear 5.0MP AF/ Front 1.3MP
– Battery: 4,600mAh Lithium Polymer
– Operating System: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
– Size: 216.8 x 126.5 x 8.3mm
– Weight: 338g
– Colour: White