Fortinet, a global leader in broad, integrated and automated cybersecurity solutions, today announced its results from NSS Labs’ 2019 Advanced Endpoint Protection (AEP) Group Test. NSS Labs’ AEP report provides the industry’s most comprehensive test results for security effectiveness and total cost of ownership for endpoint security solutions protecting today’s increasingly intelligent and hyperconnected endpoint devices.
In this year’s test, which included 19 endpoint security vendors, Fortinet’s FortiClient demonstrated a 100% block rate of exploits, unknown threats and HTTP malware, with zero false positives. It also demonstrated high effectiveness in detecting malicious malware across multiple vectors, including email, web, and USB (for offline threats), and was proven resistant to all evasion techniques. As a result, FortiClient has received NSS Labs’ coveted ‘Recommended’ rating for the third straight year with low TCO.
• As a robust advanced endpoint protection solution, FortiClient effectively detects and blocks threats such as malware, exploits and malicious scripts. FortiClient also provides effective vulnerability scanning and flexible patching options to help users and organizations maintain security hygiene and reduce their attack surface.
• FortiClient also integrates with FortiSandbox and FortiGate to further identify and respond to unknown, advanced and targeted threats, creating a single, unified security strategy that can seamlessly extend out highly mobile endpoint devices to correlate threat intelligence, extend visibility, and block threats before they reach the enterprise network.
• Fortinet’s FortiClient Fabric Agent can also be deployed as an essential and integral component of the Fortinet Security Fabric, delivering endpoint visibility, network access control and automated threat response.
FortiClient AEP Test Report Highlights
• 100 percent block rate on exploits
• 100 percent block rate for web-borne malware
• 100 percent detection rate for evasions
• Zero false positives