The “‘Say Yes’ phone scam” is a new type of phone scam that is becoming increasingly common. In this scam, the caller will ask you a question, such as “Can you hear me?”
If you answer “Yes,” the scammer will record your voice and use it to impersonate you in order to make unauthorized purchases or changes to your accounts.
To protect yourself from the “‘Say Yes’ phone scam,” there are a few things you can do:
– Do not answer calls from unknown numbers. If you do answer an unknown call, do not say anything. Just hang up.
– If you do answer a call from an unknown number, do not give out any personal information. –
– This includes your name, address, phone number, or Social Security number.
– If the caller asks you a question, do not answer “Yes.” Instead, say something like, “I’m not sure what you mean.” or “May I know who am speaking to?” or “Who is this?”
– If the caller seems suspicious, hang up the phone immediately.
The “‘Say Yes’ phone scam” is a new and evolving scam, so it is important to be aware of it. By following these tips, you can help protect yourself from becoming a victim.