Synology Inc. recently launched its first mesh router, MR2200ac, supporting Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA3), intended for every homeowner to bring fast, uninterrupted Wi-Fi to the perimeter and to understand, control, and secure their entire network. Being a high-performance wireless router with a modular design, its coverage can be easily expanded with additional units to create a mesh network for connected homes of all sizes.
The number of connected devices world-wide will increase 12% on average annually, from 27 billion in 2017 to 125 billion in 2030, according to IHS Markit. “When we looked at this, we realized that it wasn’t just a matter of keeping devices connected,” said Kuei-Huan Chen, Senior Manager, Synology. “It’s also a matter of understanding what’s happening in our network in order to protect our devices – and family – from external exploits. That’s what we built the MR2200ac to do. Through our work with Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., MR2200ac supports the latest Wi-Fi and security technologies to make a network smarter and safer.”
“Qualcomm Technologies is committed to providing high-quality Wi-Fi with its innovative Qualcomm® Mesh Networking Platform, which brings high security and advanced in-home connectivity to retail customers all over the world.” said GopiSirineni, vice president, product management, Qualcomm Technologies Inc. “Our ongoing work with Synology is designed to ensure that more consumers get to enjoy a virtually uninterrupted, fast and secure Wi-Fi experience for connected homes of all sizes.”
New features include the following:
Blanket your entire home with high-speed Wi-Fi
Based on the Qualcomm® IPQ4019 quad-core system-on-chip, MR2200ac leverages a
tri-band Wi-Fi design to eliminate dead zones and deliver your broadband Internet speeds to the farthest corners of the house. Everything in the network is managed by Synology Router
Manager (SRM), an award-winning operating system that has made many business-grade
features accessible to consumers with an intuitive user interface.
• Intelligent mesh technology: MR2200ac dynamically chooses the best route (2.4GHz, 5GHz or Ethernet) for communication between each MR2200ac and with client devices, designed to always give you the fastest possible path to the Internet.
• Enhanced roaming experience: comprehensive support for standards including 802.11 k, v, and r enables you to move from one place to another more seamlessly
• Easy setup: select which MR2200ac you want to add from a browser or the DS router mobile app, and watch as the network automatically self-configures and self-optimizes before you.
• A single Wi-Fi dashboard: see the status of all Wi-Fi points and wireless devices, while a beautiful network map visualizes how those Wi-Fi points are interconnected. Advanced guest Wi-Fi options are also available.
• Works with Synology RT2600ac: allows offices to extend the coverage of RT2600ac even farther and make the most of the powerful hardware.