How to Create a Desktop Shortcut of Safely Remove Hardware:
1. Right click on your Desktop and Click on New.
2. Now choose Shortcut option from the list.
3. In the browse location just Copy/Paste the following text:
RunDll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll
4. Click on Next button.
5. Now it will ask you to Name the shortcut. Name it something like Safety Remove USB and then click on Finish button.
6. There will a shortcut icon on your Desktop just double click on it and your external media will be Removed Safely.
This shortcut can also be very helpful to you when your Safely Remove icon got disappear from your notification area. This trick works on all Microsoft OS Window 7/Vista and Window XP.