Ad Banner
Press Releases

Globe announces June quarterly dividend payout

Following another milestone-setting financial performance to start the year, Globe Telecom recently announced the second quarterly distribution of cash dividends worth P20.75 per common share, which is payable to shareholders on June 11, 2015.

Based on the closing share price of P2,230 as of May 7, 2015, this represents a 3.4% dividend yield, or a share price appreciation of 28.9%. Total shareholder return year-to-date remains high at 32.3%.

“The yield of Globe at 3.4% remains competitive to those of government securities and other listed companies in the Philippine stock market. This is in keeping with the company’s commitment to maintain a sustainable and competitive dividend distribution policy,” confirmed Globe Chief Financial Officer Albert de Larrazabal.

The value of the dividend remained steady from last quarter, which also stood at P20.75 per common share, following its record-breaking financial performance in 2014.

This comes on the heels of a sustained growth momentum of the telco, leading its industry with a sterling 43% improvement in its net income in the first three months of 2015, fueled by service revenues surpassing P26 billion for the second consecutive quarter on the strength of a record quarterly EBITDA of P11 billion, resulting in an equally strong core net income of P4.2 billion.

As one of the companies “most committed to paying good dividends,” Globe was again recognized this year by leading regional financial publication FinanceAsia for its commitment to a strong dividend policy. It also ranked prominently for excellence in investor relations, based on polls conducted among investors and analysts across the region. The Philippine telco was also cited last year as one of the best in Asia for having the most consistent dividend policy by institutional investment publication Alpha Southeast Asia.

Post Comment